The chatwall is where all comments for a webcast are displayed. There are several options for the chatwall that affect which comments are shown and when:
- No Interactivity: If this option is selected in WebcastManager, no chatwall is shown for the webcast, and comments cannot be left.
- Q&A: With this option, comments are visible to the asker and the webcast operator but no one else. This allows the audience to ask questions and have them answered by the presenter in real-time.
- Anonymous Q&A: With this option, comments are only visible to the operator and person asking the question. However, the operator does not know who asked the question. Audience members can ask questions and have them answered by the presenter as they come in.
- Moderated Chat: With this option, comments are only visible to the operator and original commenter, unless the operator chooses to make them public. This allows comments and questions to be screened for appropriateness.
- Unmoderated Chat: With this option, comments are visible to anyone who has access to the webcast. There is no option for the operator to screen comments if this option is selected.